When I logged back in on Facebook late in the morning the image at the left was what greeted me. But what got my attention was the caption of the image poster (in all capital letters): “Pusang hilaw!!!!! Hinampas ako ng baril sa may paakyat ng Shotgun at ninakawan ako at kaibigan ko! (<Expletive>!!!!! I was smacked with a gun going up Shotgun and my friend and I were robbed!)”
So I clicked on the image of the bike and read the complete description with a short summary of what happened.
Here are a few details posted:
- This happened at around 5:15 A.M. today (March 23, 2012), at “Shotgun Hill”
- There were 2 suspects. One was thin, the other was a bit chubbier. Those are the only descriptions given
- They were armed with guns
- They were riding a motorcycle with a bright HID headlight
- The motorcycle didn’t have any plates on
- Other passersby didn’t even stop to help them out, even when there were quite a good amount of traffic at the time: cars, motorcycles, tricycles, trucks
- Police report was filed immediately
- The poster’s friend’s bike was thrown over the cliff and only the bike posted was carried by the robbers. I don’t know if they were able to recovery the friend’s bike.
I know how it feels to have your bike forcefully taken from you. I was a victim of a bike-jacking incident on the trails last year. Our bikes were taken at gunpoint. I really hope the bike gets recovered and the robbers (and masterminds) get punished to the full extent of the law.
I hope this entry helps in the recovery of the bike, if and when someone recognizes the parts and reports to the authorities A.S.A.P.Did you like this story? Buy me a coffee!
Possibly Related Posts:
- Back to Insanity!
- Bill seeks to grant tax perk to bike-commuting employees — Inquirer.net
- Philmofo XCM-MIM 2011
- Launching of Bacoor Bike Lane
- Prima riders bag two golds in 2011 Singapore Open